Due to construction, the Duncan Hill portion of Rt. 693 (Julia Simpkins Rd.) will close Sat. April 22, 2017 from 7 am till 7 pm. With 2 events at Powhatan this will create a major issue for those trying to come in Saturday. If you cannot come in Fri. your option is to come in via the back route. Those directions are as follows:
- From North and East of Pulaski take I-81 South to Exit 89-A onto Rt.100 South.
- Follow Rt.100 approximately 6.7 miles.
- Turn left onto Gardner Rd. (Rt.608)
- Stay straight for 4.6 miles to the intersection of Boones Furnace (Rt.607) and Julia Simpkins (Rt.693)
- Turn left onto Julia Simpkins Rd. and follow for 5.8 miles
- Turn right onto Max Creek Rd. and follow to Camp Powhatan.