Summer Camp 2020 FAQ'S
Is Summer Camp going to be held?
We are currently still planning on holding summer camp at the Blue Ridge Scout Reservation in 2020. We are currently working to determine the best course of action as more information becomes available from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health.
When will a final decision be made if Summer Camp will happen?
We have not set a definite date for a firm go/no-go as this is certainly a very fluid situation. We are also considering options for a partial summer shutdown.
The safety of our Scouts is our primary concern. Just like you and your Troop, we strongly desire that every Scout has an amazing, safe experience at summer camp and know that many families have been planning for this for the past year so we do not take these decisions lightly.
How will you communicate changes?
The latest information for both summer camp and other activities at our camps is available at https://www.bsa-brmc.org/. In addition, if substantial changes are made to summer camp, we will email the points of contact for summer camp.
What if I cannot get a new Part C for my medical form?
The National Safety and Health Team is currently evaluating all options while being mindful of those who have valid exams, new members and adults who may have never completed a Part C exam, state and local authority requirements and the special review required by high adventure programs. If you had a physical June 15 last year your physical is good through June 30 this year.
When will Merit Badge Signups occur?
We are going to delay the online registration for Merit Badges until sometime after the first of May. We will be in communication with you as we set new dates for when the online registrations will open. Those who qualified for Early Merit Badge sign ups, will still have the opportunity to register early.
How can we adjust the number of Scouts coming to Summer Camp?
If Summer Camp is canceled will I get a full refund?
Yes. We will provide a full refund if we are unable to hold summer camp.
What happens if…?
We know there are currently lots of unknowns currently both in Scouting and in our communities. We are developing robust contingency plans to cover a myriad of possible situations. In all of them, the safety of our staff and participants is vital. We strongly believe that the world needs Scouting and will continue to develop plans and options so our Scouts can continue to have a transformative experience regardless of any temporary obstacles.
Who can I ask if I have other questions?