The Blue Ridge Mountains Council, Boy Scouts of America serves 21 Counties and 7 Cities in Southwest, Central, and Southside Virginia. All designs, photographs, text, articles, logos and other media on this website are copyrights or trademarks of Boy Scouts of America and are not to be used, displayed or distributed without express direct consent.
2021 March Merit Badge Madness
March Merit Badge Madness 2021
Don’t let the pandemic and Winter weather stall your Scouts BSA advancement! Take advantage of the forced home time to add to your Merit Badge collection with online classes.
BRMC is offering online merit badges through its March Merit Badge Madness 2021. Badges start as early as March 3, take as many or few as you like at only $10 each badge. Some badges may be higher for additional materials. Scouts are expected to have a current merit badge handbook for the class to follow along with the instructor.
All classes will follow BSA Youth Protection Guidelines.
Here’s the Merit Badge Steps to follow:
- Register and pay for the desired Merit Badges here at least 1 week before first class date. Double check schedules to avoid session time conflicts. Some badges may have earlier signup deadlines.
- Email your Scoutmaster and counselor for approval to begin the merit badge per the Guide to Advancement. Scoutmaster should reply to all with approval.
- Scoutmaster send Counselor a Blue card with the application part filled in and a Self-addressed stamped envelope. Scoutmaster can email the fillable blue card PDF with application part completed.
- Read over the information provided by the assigned Counselor and attend scheduled meetings. (You should receive an email no later than 1 week before your class begins. Be sure to read the corresponding merit badge booklet ahead of time.)
- Complete the requirements per the Counselor's instruction. Be sure to submit items to counselor as assigned for complete credit.
- Earn Merit Badge!
- Counselor returns signed blue card to Scoutmaster using SASE or email.
Download the class schedule and fillable Blue card. Check the classes, schedules, prerequisites, and post-requisites before signing up. Follow the steps listed above.
|Event End Date||05-07-2021|
|Cut off date||03-19-2021|
|Target Audience||All Scouts BSA members wanting to earn Merit Badges|
|Location||Scout Service Center|
|Categories||Council Events, Scouts BSA Events, Program Training|
March Merit Badge Madness catalouge 4.pdf