Are you an energetic person who loves the outdoors, adventure and enjoys teaching new skills to younger kids and looking for an “INTERNSHIP” during the summer? If so, WE NEED YOU to be on our camp staff in 2020! Paid staff opportunities are available at our Blue Ridge Scout Reservation and you DO NOT need to be a Scout! Opportunities exist at our camps - POWHATAN, AND CLAYTOR LAKE! Camp operates from June 6 thru July 24th .
We have specific needs for an Aquatics Director at Claytor Lake and Health Officer at both sites!
- All program positions require persons with strong swimming abilities, hold a lifeguard certification or take the BSA Lifeguard certification class. Duties will include the upkeep of watercraft and facilities. Boat License required and fee provided by BRMC.
- Minimum age of 21 years of age and must hold a National Camp School Certification for Aquatics Director (BRMC will cover cost for certification held at Camp Raven Knob , Mt. Airy NC; May 23-28)
- Must be certified in First Aid (BRMC will provide training)
Camp Health Officer
- The Camp Health Officer must be at least 18 years of age, lives on site, is on property and on call at all times and holds qualification appropriate for the nature of the camp and its proximity to emergency medial care.
- Possess valid credentials in the area of emergency care for a nationally recognized certifying body. These credentials must be the minimum specified by the current National Standards for Boy Scout Resident Camps. The minimum preferred is certification as an EMT , LPN or RN.
Lodging and Meals are free and pay is negotiated based on certifications and experience. Four- to eight-week employment terms are available and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to read position descriptions and to apply
For more information contact:
MAKE A DIFFERENCE NOW-WHILE HAVING FUN! BE ON CAMP STAFF!