National Youth Leadership Training Experience
Because every troop needs trained youth leaders
Foxfire Outpost Camp, Camp Ottari Reservation
What Is NYLT?
The National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is an intense, challenging 5-day outdoor training course designed to develop Unit Youth Leaders, ages 13 to 18 years old. This experience provides a fun, exciting, action, and challenging concept of leadership. Participants are involved in presentations, patrol competition, games, and adventures as they work and play together to put into action the best that Scouting has to offer.
What Can I Expect?
The purpose of this leadership training is to focus on What a Leader must BE, What a Leader must KNOW, and What a Leader must DO. The week models a month in the life of an "ideal" Unit. The course will emphasize immediate application of learning in a fun environment. Each participant will be provided a toolbox of leadership skills consisting of key course concepts. This leadership experience operates according to the Scout Oath and the Scout Law with everyone having FUN.
What Will I Take Home From NYLT?
- the experience of a youth led training course.
- skills of visualizing success, settings goals to accomplish vision, and developing a plan to get there.
- learning to lead yourself, communicate, develop a patrol, apply a leadership style, and teaching skills.
- experience in problem-solving, making ethical decisions, and valuing people.
What Are The Requirements To Attend?
- First Class Scout - Age 13 by the time of the course
- Have attended 1 week-long camp prior to this course. - Approval of your Scoutmaster
When Is It Available This Summer?
Sunday, June 10- Friday, June 15
Sunday, June 17- Friday, June 22
Sunday July 24- Friday July 29
**Check-in is from 1-2:30 PM on Sunday at the Foxfire Outpost Camp
**Course ends Friday at 4:00PM
How Much Does It Cost?
- $280 in Council (BRMC) - $280 out of Council
- $200 if this week is the second week of summer camp on the Blue Ridge Scout Reservation
**All "food, camp, and training materials" are included
**An "equipment list" can be found on our website, www.bsa-brmc.org
How Do I Register?
Scroll down to NYLT
Need More Information? e-mail Shirley at email@example.com