2017 Camp Cards
Camp Card Sale Ends on May 15th- So What Do I Do NOW?
Hello, all- here are some important action steps to take prior to the end of the Camp Card sale:
- Sell as many cards between now and the 15th- that’s another weekend of selling!
- Once you are done selling, follow these simple steps:
- Know when and where you are to turn in your cards to your District Executive. NO CARDS OR MONEY WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE FRONT DESK AT THE SERVICE CENTER IN ROANOKE. THEY MUST GO TO YOUR DISTRICT EXECUTIVE.
- Find the paperwork that your District Executive had you sign. This will tell you how many cards you started with.
- Add in any extra cards that you drew from your District Executive
- Collect and count all unsold cards
- Subtract the total of unsold cards from the total of the total cards you had. This will give you the TOTAL CARDS SOLD.
- Multiply the TOTAL CARDS SOLD by $2.50- this is the amount you RETURN TO DISTIRCT EXECUTIVE WITH YOUR UNSOLD CARDS.
Example: 100 Cards signed for at beginning of sale+20 extra cards= 120 Cards available for sale
120 Cards- 15 Returned Cards= 105 TOTAL CARDS SOLD
105 cards * $2.50/card sold= $262.50 returned to District Executive with 15 unsold cards.
Unit keeps $262.50 to fund Scout Adventures until Popcorn!
- PLEASE NOTE- After May 22nd your commission drops by 50%, and the Unit keeps only $1.25/card sold, instead of $2.50. DON’T LOSE YOUR COMMISSION!
Questions? Check the website, consult your Leaders’ Guide, or call your District Executive.
NO CARDS OR MONEY WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE FRONT DESK AT THE SERVICE CENTER IN ROANOKE. THEY MUST GO TO YOUR DISTRICT EXECUTIVE.
Key Dates & Action Steps
- May 15– Money and unsold cards returned to District Executives
- May 22– last date for turn-in; after this date Unit forfeits 1/2 of commission ($1.25/card sold)
- June-July– GO TO CAMP!
Sell 10 Cards– 1 Scout earns his way to Gold Rush or Family Camping
Sell 60 Cards– 1 Scout earns his way to Cub Scout Day Camp
Sell 100 Cards– Earn enough for new Camping Equipment
Sell 140 Cards– 1 Scout earns his way to Boy Scout Summer Camp