Take a look at any staff photo from the Blue Ridge Scout Reservation, and you'll see that Tutelo Arrowmen have been the lifeblood of camp staff since the beginning.
Working on camp staff is a great personal experience: you'll learn leadership, independence, communication and teaching skills, you'll make some spending cash, and more importantly, you'll make friends for life. Most former camp staff members agree that it was the most memorable and impactful part of their Scouting career.
It's also great for the Scouts at camp: they need strong role models like you to teach them about Scouting and life skills. You may not remember every Scout who attended camp the year(s) you worked, but they ALL remember YOU.
Don't miss out on this incredible experience! If you'll be 16 or over by the summer, apply to work on reservation staff this summer by completing this online form: https://goo.gl/forms/qMFr1ws0n77R8Dkm2
Not sure where you'd like to work? Here's a list of all the programs on the reservation:
- Camp Powhatan - Large camp offering merit badges and unique programs
- Camp Ottari - Smaller base camp providing merit badge instruction in a more rugged environment
- Claytor Lake Aquatics Base - Aquatics-heavy camp for older Scouts
- New River Adventure - Classic high adventure experience
- Voyageur Trek - Weeklong, 50 mile canoe trek
- Fish Camp - Weeklong fishing adventure
- Mountain Man - 18th century period camp
- High Knoll - Weeklong backing trek with staffed backcountry outposts
- NYLT - National Youth Leadership Training
To apply, visit: https://goo.gl/forms/qMFr1ws0n77R8Dkm2